EL 1 Economist – Australian Taxation Office
- $110,473 to $120,439 (EL 1) plus 15.4% super
- Be instrumental in producing and publishing tax performance estimates
- Flexibility to provide work/life balance
About the role
As an Economist in our Performance and Tax Gap business area, you will work with internal and external business partners to develop, implement and interpret tax revenue performance measures that are defensible, meaningful and reliable.
- Identify, analyse and interprets complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Support strategies that ensure transparency and inform ATO decisions on investment
- Manage multiple complex projects concurrently against competing timeframes
Skills and experience
- Confident communicator who can influence and collaborate effectively
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing and presenting training material
- Excellent knowledge of the tax performance legislative framework
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in economics, econometrics, psychology or statistics
- Attractive superannuation contributions of 15.4%
- Award-winning and highly professional organisation
- Contemporary workspaces and technology
- Learning and development opportunities
These roles will be offered in Adelaide, Brisbane, Box Hill, Hobart, Melbourne CBD or Sydney CBD
You must be an Australian citizen to work with the ATO.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to click “Apply”.
Find out more information about us on our careers page at www.ato.gov.au/careers
Closing Date: 1st June 2022